Thursday 23 June 2011

NIGEL POGMORE CONTACTED RYANAIRDONTCARE..

Commercial Pilots,Maintaining your career at the expense of passenger,Or else! safety

Commercial Pilots Security
below the radar
crawls the hijacker from within
By Nigel Pogmore
 
 
 I would not be telling you anything new when pointing out that after 9/11,airport security extended   into areas  previously unimaginable. Nowadays the  probability of passing through a far reaching body scan are far greater than ever before. If you were to ask me if I was concerned or in any way embarrassed about  such probing  practices taking place, I would  say, “not in the slightest”. Having said that I might have some sympathy for the trusted security officers having to conduct this type of surveillance. Best to  spare a thought for them, in hope that the repetitive nature of their profession, does not hamper the level of  commitment required.
 As a commercial licensed pilot myself,   although be it of  lesser non-essential form of aviation, I never allow myself  to question or indeed get ruffled whilst having to endure checks and repeated checks as I make my way through to  air side of  any particular airport.  Whilst in such   time-consuming   queues, I prefer to allow myself to be entertained, by    observing  the seemingly choreographed body language of those around me. How many times can  one   set about demonstrating displeasure by huffing and puffing at the same time flexing ones  right arm to  eye-level  in order to squint  at  ones  glittering timepiece.  At the same  as this  well practiced dance is taking,  I am evaluating  the grumblings of my nearby, sometimes not so nearby   fellow travelers.  Although, most likely not terrorists themselves, more often than not  they appear to have one thing in common.  I’m referring to the selectively  choosing   not to accept that security measures in place are there for the good of all genuine travelers alike.   Surely there is no contest, one-hour also going through security, is far better than spending the morning with the undertaker.
 Of course my fellow  travelers have every right to enquire if after  been deprived  of that very necessary, few extra minutes  rummaging through duty-free,    are they  now guaranteed safe passage to their intended destination? after all, I  for one would say there’s no denying that the airport  authorities have done their part. So what could go wrong.
 For the normal passenger, without any experience in the airline industry, they would be excused for thinking that everything his hunky-dory.  However  has anybody ever given the slightest  thought  regarding the flight crew, what is their background, what are the training standards of the company that they represent?  How old is the aircraft, has it been serviced correctly? These  are all relevant  considerations.  In reality we have no way of knowing the   answers to any of the above, we simply settle back into our window seat,  to be pampered by a    the highly  undervalued, yet sometimes mollycoddling cabin crew.
 I suspect that the traveling public would be horrified to learn that despite having some highly qualified flight crew sitting up front, that their expertise may well be seriously undermined by the threats and intimidation practices waged against them by their employers. Yes talking about managers with no aviation qualifications.  Now before anyone starts having  nightmares, even after my  experiences  with rogue air operators,   I remain confident that majority of operators are worthy   of the trust afforded by their passengers.
   In my previous publications that can now be found on the web,  I gave birth to the phrase  “The Alaskan Airlines Scenario.”  In short a diligent ground engineer was soon sent packing after ordering a $60,000  replacement part referred to as Jack screw.   With the engineer unceremoniously yet  economically sidelined by his employer, the offending aircraft  was  quickly released back into service without repairs being carried out.
 It was not long before the very aircraft plummeted into the sea killing all 83 on board. You will not be surprised  that the following  investigation, found that the  jack screw had failed due to improper  servicing practices.

In my situation, in 2009 after the owners had already had three fatalities on their hands  spanning  over two separate accidents, I was appointed safety officer of UK registered Serengeti Balloon Safaris Ltd. Just prior to being appointed to this position, I had been assured of the continuance of my employment as pilot. Once my initial safety report hit the bosses desk,  similar to the Alaskan airlines engineer, I was also sent packing, however not before been warned not to bother reporting them to the civil aviation  authority, “you’ll be wasting your time as we fill their pockets” As if this was not bad enough,  another ruthless warning was quickly  heading my way “if you do not go quietly I will tarnish your reputation within the industry and see that you never fly again”  
 I have not flown since that time. 
 One year after my rather abrupt  departure, I would go public  warning the traveling public to expect an hot air balloon accident  taking place in the Serengeti National Park.   
  Whilst the company did everything they could to bring down my website and photographic evidence  of aircraft defects, I maintained a presence. 
 Within four months of my warning  been ignored,  one American and one Danish passenger  were killed,  eight others were seriously injured and remain traumatised to this day.   Interestingly only one balloon pilot decided to fly that morning, with the other, an Australian pilot, stating that it was too windy to do so.
 There is a twist to this story, and one certainly destined for the headlines.   The company in question is now  placing   charges against me. Amongst  numerous charges,  in an act of hypocrisy Serengeti Balloon Safaris Ltd are now claiming $500,000 damages from me apparently for damaging their business.  
 I would encourage comments from both the  aviation industry and the traveling public.   I would particularly welcome views of what you think should be done  in order to bring  such  wayward operators in to line with normal and respected commercial aviation practices.
 full details can be found on the following websites the latter being the,  condensed version.
 
John Said,
Thank you Nigel for your comment.I thought it would be better to post this comment so you could get more hits...Goodluck. and GODBLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.